Getting coffee in the city
The New Haven Coffee Shop Map is here: Yelp (a specially configured Yelp search)
New Haven Coffee Shop Hours are compiled here: tiny.cc/newhavencoffee. It's a Google calendar. Save it into to your own to turn on when you need it. (link broken - anyone wanna make a new one? :) )
- Latest open coffee shops
- Sunday-Thursday midnight - Blue State York
- Friday midnight - Blue State York OR Blue State Wall
- Saturday 11pm - Blue State Wall OR Koffee?
- Notable Drinks
- Woodland’s Chai. "They have the best chai anywhere ever"
- Koffee's Nutella Latte. "Espresso, milk, nutella. Amazing."
- Jojo's Cappuccinos & Tea. "They [the cappuccinos] are always perfect, including milk foam art." They will also serve you tea on a tray (you get a tiny metal teapot!). For this reason, and the tiny golden cherubs on the wall, Jojo's can be considered the Madame Puddifoot's of New Haven.
- Blue State's Chaider. "Chaider has to be the most spectacular invention since Nutella."
- The Yale Bookstore - Starbucks Cafe
- Hours: 9am-9pm weekdays, 9am-8pm Saturday, 12pm-8pm Sunday
- The internet is "attwifi"
- Press "more options" on the page it redirects you to in order to sign in
Getting coffee on Science Hill
- Did you know there's a student-run coffee shop on the third floor of Kroon? For $1.00, you can get as much French-pressed Blue State coffee as you can fit into a travel mug.
- It's not exactly Science Hill, but for CEID members, there are 1 or 2 free pots of coffee in the CEID center at 3:30 on weekdays. You can also brew your own coffee at any time in the CEID.
- There is also a little cafe in the CEID center now, if you turn right as you come in the door. You can pay for coffee there, too.