- The most successful campaigns include facebook events.
- Postering around campus can be effective too.
- Table tents sometimes help, but may or may not be banned depending on the dining hall. If you see other tents during the day, you're probably fine.
- Spamming mailing lists is effective in some contexts, but on a lot of mailing lists you're not supposed to send unsolicited mail like that.
- If the people in a particular department (English?) may be interested, you could ask the department secretary / leaderperson to inform the right people.